Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Kindle - reading books electronically

This looks interesting. The equipment is actually a bit pricey but I like the larger screen and book - look ( being a person with aging eyes!)

My daughter has just bought an Ipod touch and apparently one can download the software for Kindle for that as well.

I certainly dont see this technology replacing books for people like me who love the touch and smell of real books, but I see this as being an enhancement. It makes it easier to take books away when travelling. I wouldnt have to choose which book to take.

Currently I have some ebooks on my MP3 Player but I am finding that I dont get the same effect from this. I cant listen to an ebook while driving because I either stop hearing the book when concentrating on traffic or I dothe opposite - not so safe!

They are good when flying, better than music which causes an ever present fear that I will start singing along without realising...

But when lying in a hotel bed at the end of a long day I need to use my eyes not my ears. I am sure this is a personal thing. A visual rather than auditory learner.

No comments: