Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smilebox

This is some more software I have seen in centre blogs but not used on a Blog myself. I use the free version so it does come with Ads. The cost version is not too badly priced and might be better for a centre.

It easily allows you to upload to a blog, to burn to a DVD. Getting the photos is easy and I have now used this on both Mac and PC and both work fine.

I am not able to use this at work because of problems with the University firewall but using it on my Mac from my home connection was fine.

I have not tried adding text or anything fancy. This is pretty much how it comes as a template! So pretty good. There are hundreds of templates to choose from.

This could be a great way to collect childrens photos to burn to a DVD when they leave the centre, if you have your photos filed so they are easy to locate.

If you play with this and find problems let me know by leaving a comment. I dont want to be reccomending this to teachers without knowing the problems and I dont have enough time to play lots with it.

Maureen

No comments: