Thursday, May 2, 2013

Online learning stories and portfolios

I have been very focused lately on e-portfolios, both for student teachers and for children. It seems like opportunities to explore these are coming at me in all directions. That means I need to spend some time on that topic I think.

The Ministry of Education has some interesting information and links here.

While playing around a bit I came across Storypark. 

This is a NZ made option for online stories and portfolios for children. I havent yet had time for more than a short play but so far I am quite impressed. I have sent out feelers through my networks to ask what others think too.

It has a 1 month free trial option which means I will get to play a lot more to try it out. Any system set up by someone else will have gaps in covreing what you want to be able to do but I like the ease of use, the fact that it is free for parents and very inexpensive for centres. There is a lot of information about cyber safety that links back to Netsafe.

I like the fact that a team can work together on stories and parents can see the stories on a computer, tablet or phone.

I will be playing further to test it out and please let me know if you have any comments about it.


No comments: