Monday, May 27, 2013

Your photos online may also show where you and your children live

I came across this rather worrying news item today that I believed to be worth sharing. I kind of knew this but the full possibilities hadn't really sunk in. When posting digital photographs on the internet we may also be posting personal information that in included in the photo data. It may be possible ( and easy) for this photo to provide someone with information about where you live. The video includes information on how to change the settings in your phone or camera to make it safer. Of course we should always be aware of what information we are sending out to the public. For instance it makes me nervous when my children "check in" at a particular address on Facebook. Personally I dont want people to know whether or not I am home. If I want them to know I am in a particular place I make sure the post goes only to selected people or I text them - yes I know texting is almost old-fashioned now. Anyway, have a look at this



No comments: